It is important to note that it is illegal to commence any form of development in the FCT without requisite permits. Such act will amount to contravention of existing laws namely sub-sections 1-3 of the FCT Act 1976, Urban & Regional Planning Act of 1992 amended 1998 and the provisions of the National Building Code and necessary sanction will be applied.
The below constitute contravention;
- Unauthorized change of land use.
- Building without relevant permit as at when due;
- Building when permit has expired;
- Building not in conformity with approved drawing;
- Building with sub-standard materials;
- Building without valid/legal title;
- Building on public utility facilities and service lines;
- Unauthorized removal of structure/trees;
- Building after revocation of title;
- Fraudulent acquired permit;
And the following sanctions will apply depending on the nature of the contravention;
- Issuance of relevant notices (stop, Quit and Demolition);
- Schmidist Hammer Test/Structural analysis for developers without approval;
- Mandatory payment of contravention fee as stipulated by Department of Development Control;
- Withdrawal of relevant permit;
- Sealing of premises;
- Outright demolition of structures.
- Issuance of bill
- Payment at designated bank
- Submission of Bank transaction (teller) for collection of receipt
- Submission of 3 sets of drawings for stamping